Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Visiting Our Nation's Capital

    Because my husband and I grew up in Richmond, going to Washington DC (just two hours north) always feels a bit like going home.  We've become pretty familiar with the city and always love to go, as we have both friends and family that live in the area.

    First stop: Good Stuff Eatery.  As a huge Top Chef fan, I love to visit Spike Mendelsohn's restaurant whenever we are in DC.  This time I enjoyed the Blazin' Barn Burger with pickled daikon, carrots, mint, cilantro, thai basil, and spicy mayo.  Kevin pointed it out knowing that it was filled with things I love (my obsession with herbs runs deep!).  On the side were the Village Fries which are a must.  The rosemary and thyme add so much flavor!  Then last but not least, this place has amazing milkshakes.  The toasted marshmallow milkshake is always a hit with me.  I have plans to try and replicate it at home.  Details on that to follow once the weather warms up!


    The next day we went to The National Harbor with a friend.  This was a new spot that we hadn't checked out before.  It is a really cute area with lots of shops, restaurants, a pier, and play area.  Below is a picture of me and Kevin down by the water.


       The following day we took a tour of The US Capitol Building.  We didn't get to see as much as we expected, but The Rotunda is just gorgeous from the inside.  It was surely a preview of some of the beautiful art and architecture that we will be seeing when we visit Europe in the fall.



3 comments:

  1. You got the exact same thing I got when I went to Good Stuff, even down to the milkshake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The milkshakes are so good there. I can't wait to try making the marshmallow one at home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...