Friday, May 10, 2013

Haute Couture to Home: Punk Rock Style

    So the Met Gala took place this week and as usual, the fashion was awesome!  Some of my favorites?  Sarah Jessica Parker and Taylor Swift.

  
(Photos via People.com)
    
    I couldn't help but think about how fashion trends always seem to weave their way into the home decor arena as well.  From florals to graphic patterns to pastels we've seen it all before.  This year's Met Gala Theme was Punk: From Chaos to Couture.  Punk isn't really my style but I was interested to see if I could find some punk inspired items that might add something different to my home.  Below are some of the standout themes from the Met Gala.

{Top row: via People.com; Bottom: planter from Urban Outfitters, tray from ZGallerie, pillow from West Elm}
     
    Strangely this ended up in a very neutral yet glam direction, but I love these pieces.  And just so that there is no confusion, punk can be very colorful too.  Check out these looks that Gwyneth Paltrow and Kristen Stewart rocked.  While the amount of punk inspiration here is kind of minimal, the colors are off the charts!  I love the idea of adding a pop of color to a neutral color palette and these two colors are so girly and beautiful.


 {Photos via People.com}
    
    Have you ever let fashion trends inspire your home decor?  
    Happy Friday everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...