Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Packing for Europe

    We will soon be leaving for our two week vacation in Italy and France, and it's been our mission from the beginning to pack in just one carry-on bag each.  Some European flights really tack on the extra charges for bags, so the challenge was on!  First, I laid out all the clothes that I was considering on the bed.  Then I matched things up to come up with the maximum number of total combinations that I could get out of this assortment.  Without even getting creative, this line-up can yield at least 12 outifts and fits into my bag with ease.  I mean really, I have a TON of extra room in my bag--maybe for some Italian leather shopping? Or some Parisian goodies? 

efficient packing

My bag includes: 
2 maxi dresses
3 basic tees (white, gray, and black)
1 chambray button up shirt
1 pair of distressed boyfriend shorts
1 printed tank
1 printed skirt
1 pair of skinny jeans
1 pair of black leggings
1 fedora
1 faux leather jacket
1 bathing suit
1 scarf 
1 pair of sunglasses
1 pair of sandals
1 pair of tennis shoes
1 pair of black flats

Thank goodness my years of being in a long-distance relationship with Kevin made me sort of a packing expert. I hope to get the feeling of wearing something new every day even though I'm going to be repeating things over and over again. 

As for my travel apparel, I will pretty much be recreating this outfit below exactly.  Comfortable yet chic.  Plus I hear that in Italy leggings seem to be as popular as they are here.


via

Have you ever packed for a trip in just a carry-on?  Any tips on what I absolutely shouldn't leave out of my bag for a successful trip to Europe?  I can't wait to post after the trip to show you how I paired everything up! 

Keep up with our travel adventures. Follow me on Instagram.

3 comments:

  1. All the clothes you are taking look like they'll make great outfits! One thing I would definitely bring is a travel size pack of tissues. You'd be surprised how often you may come across a bathroom with no toilet paper or one that charges you for toilet paper. You may only need it once, but if you do, you'll be so glad you have it! Have a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mandi! Great advice! Hope you see this because you are a no-reply blogger :(

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome for two reasons. 1) You're going to Italy! So awesome. So jealous. And 2) I'm going to Europe for two weeks and I'm a terrible packer. This really helps! Thanks a lot. I may need to pick your brain for more tips.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...