Monday, March 3, 2014

Del Frisco's Lunch

On Saturday I had the pleasure of attending a Blog and Tweet Boston event at Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse in the Seaport.  We sampled from their lunch menu and let's just say no one went hungry.  There was so much delicious food! 

We started out with some signature cocktails: The VIP and Pomegranate Martini


The VIP (which stands for vodka-infused pineapple) was citrusy and not too sweet.  The pomegranate was also delicious, but I'll be honest I'm sort a sucker for pomegranate martinis so this was a no-brainer for me.
  
We were seated in the Harbor Room, which is a beautiful private room surrounded by glass and the beautiful view that the Seaport area is known for. Then the food started rolling in.  

Crab Cake with Cajun Lobster Sauce

This was one of the best crab cakes that I've ever had.  Basically all crab with just the right amount of breading.  And the sauce really complemented the dish.

Shanghai-Style Fried Calamari with Sweet Chili Glaze, Bean Sprouts, Cherry Peppers, Crushed Peanuts & Scallions

I love calamari.  It's the go-to appetizer for me and Kevin when we go out to eat.  This was such a nice spin on the same old plate of fried squid.  It was tossed in a slightly spicy sauce, and the bean sprouts added a fresh crunch to each bite.

Beer Battered Onion Rings

onion ring tower
The picture sort of speaks for itself.  This stack of onion rings was an eye-catcher.  Best of all, they tasted great.  Plenty of onion and breading that stayed on, not at all greasy.
 
Ahi Tuna Tartare with Citrus, Capers, Kalamata Olive Spread & Crostinis

This tuna dish was served family style.  It was so beautiful and the portion was huge!

Steakhouse salad with broiled prime strip steak, deviled egg, baby mixed green, watercress, avocado, cherry tomato, bacon, parmesan, blue cheese and horseradish lemon dressing

This salad of course was a winner because steak is what Del Frisco's does best.

Seared Ahi Tuna with shaved Napa cabbage, arugula, mango, chilled noodles, toasted almonds, tomato, avocado, ginger-sesame dressing

Definitely a lighter salad option than the steakhouse salad, but also delicious and filling.


Prime Shaved Steak with Au Jus, Horseradish Sauce, and Potato Chips

As much as I love steak, I never find myself ordering steak sandwiches.  This one was great though and the house potato chips also scrumptious.
 
Sole Francese with Lump Crabmeat, Baby Arugula, Cherry Tomato, Lemon Chive Beurre Blanc

This fish was good, but if I'm at a steakhouse, I'm going to order steak.  It's as simple as that.

Six layer lemon cake with lemon buttercream

Holy moly this cake was good.  Dense but light, sweet but tart.  Delicious and house made daily.

Overall, the food was excellent and I can't wait to try it out for lunch again when the weather is nice and the patio is open!

I had been to Del Frisco's once before and I have to say that neither time was I disappointed with the food or service.  If it's your first time though, I will say that it's a different environment than other fancy steakhouses.  It's best for a group outing or a fun celebration for two (ie. promotion, closing on a house, etc) rather than a romantic occasion.  The vibe inside is more upbeat and youthful and less stuffy than other places in this price range.  Which makes sense because this place makes some delicious cocktails, perfect for the after work crowd or fun night out! 

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse
250 Northern Ave
Boston, MA 02210
(617) 951-1368

*Lunch and drinks were compliments of Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse, but all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. This food looks fantastic. Crab cakes are my favorite so this place is a must when I visit Boston again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I so wish I could've gone... I was flying back to Boston from Florida and when I landed, my Instagram feed was all you ladies posting your food!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...