Friday, May 30, 2014

Boston Brunchers | Ride and Dine

A few weeks ago I participated in a blogger event with the Boston Brunchers in Chestnut Hill Square.  It was a double-header of an event, where we were invited to "Ride and Dine" --ie. attend a class at SoulCycle then sample the new brunch menu at Brio Tuscan Grille.

Those that know me, know that working out is not really my favorite.  In fact, I never do it.  It's more of a motivation problem than anything else which is exactly why my experience at SoulCycle was so amazing.  The instructor, Molly, was the most motivational instructor I've ever had.  She was high energy, positive, and said just what we needed to hear to keep us going.  The class was hard, but it flew by.


SoulCycle's facilities are top-notch.  They provide towels, clothes for purchase, and even have bathrooms filled with toiletries you might need to freshen up after class.  It was a great experience, and I love a place that is so welcoming to beginners.
 
After our ride, we headed right next door to Brio Tuscan Grille for brunch.  Brio has long been one of my favorite chain restaurants.  There is one in my hometown and we have had several big family dinners there over the years.  If you're ever in for dinner, do yourself a favor and try their Bistecca Insalata (Brio's version of the classic wedge salad).  You won't regret it.  But onto their brunch menu...


We started with plenty of fresh fruit which made all of us feel a little better about the fact that we had just worked out and were now stuffing our faces.  If it has fruit on it, it's healthy right?

 {Left: fresh fruit bowl, Right: mascarpone cream cheese stuffed French toast with honey, cinnamon, and fresh berry compote} 

Next up was one of the most delicious items I've ever had: eggs benedict served on a biscuit!  The fact that I have never thought of this was shocking to me.  It was rich, buttery, basically a southern girl's dream.


I hope to recreate this menu item at home sometime soon so look out for that.  In the meantime, I might have to make a trip or two back to Brio and luckily I know a good gym next door to work off all the extra calories.

Are you brunching this weekend?  I'd love to hear about places I should try next!


*The cycling class and brunch were compliments of SoulCycle and Brio Tuscan Grille respectively, but all opinions are my own.
 
 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...