Thursday, June 20, 2013

DIY Nailhead Headboard

    So when I last left you with our bed situation, we had just purchased a California King.  Once our new giant bed was in place, all that was missing was a nice large headboard to make the set-up feel complete.  We knew that we wanted to build our own, both to save money and create more of a custom look.  Some of my inspiration?

 {source}
 ColetteBedQueenNatrlF10
 {source}

    Having never taken on this project before, I hunted for the perfect tutorial.  We used this tutorial from J and J Home for the look of the headboard and turned to my faves John and Sherry of YHL for the construction details.  The whole project took only a couple of hours and cost about $60.  

    As I mentioned yesterday,  I don't have any real construction pictures because this project was completed before I started blogging.  But trust me when I say that both tutorials above are more than enough to get you through this project if you want to do it on your own.  

{Getting the nailhead trim straight is a tedious process.  I definitely recommend two people.  One to nail in and the other to direct.}


{But from further away, it's harder to tell if there are any imperfections}


{This picture shows that we mounted the headboard to the wall rather than building legs for it.  See how its sort of "floating"?}

     Tomorrow I will be sharing pictures of the master as it looks today.  I can't say it's done because is decorating ever really done?  Some of the accessorizing could use some tweaking, but it will give you an idea of where we are in the process.  It's so different from where we started.  Below is the master bedroom photo from the listing of our condo.


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...